Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bush Christmas Report - Part 1


Once again, Bush Christmas has put together a fabulous collection of works from "rural and remote artisans" in Toowoomba. I stopped in for the opening and was impressed (as always) with the innovative and beautiful work from so many talented souls.


Like Libby Woodhams, who was busily helping people choose from her range of Tropical Merino scarves. I may have left the building with a beautiful Libby scarf in my possession...not saying I did - I just may have! Sadly, it seems I have a photo of Libby, but not her great scarves (that's her in the black and white skirt above).


Every year the range of hand made gourmet goodies seems to expand. Those fortunate enough to be in attendance at the opening get to sample these delicious morsels...and end up taking home jars and packages they perhaps may not have intended to purchase (not saying I did...)


These fabulous Bloody Beautiful BoYangs are...well...bloody beautiful! For the uninitiated, a BoYang is an elasticised cuff that goes over your work boots, around the ankle, to keep out unwanted prickles, dust and seeds. The label on the back says:

Warning!
Sized to fit girls who can move a mountain with a shovel.

Regrettably, there is no contact info on the label; I would have loved to share that with you.


See what I mean about the food?......Rocky Road, fudges, rum balls, Christmas Cakes, jams, chutneys, pastes, sauces, dressings...yum.


On the lawn outside there's a menagerie of creatures! How clever are these sheep, pigs and chooks? There was even a Border Collie 'blocking up' the mob of the sheep.

So much to see...I think it will take more than one post.

Stay tuned...I'll soon be back with more eye candy from Bush Christmas, which will run for another week in Toowoomba - if you're around the ridges, do yourself a favour and call in.


No comments: