Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Exploring Illuminated Lettering

I've made myself a little promise to explore more this year. I've had a little bundle from Dale at The Thread Studio for longer than I care to remember, and I decided it was time to have a play with some Illuminated Lettering... The background is many layers of fibre, paint and stitch and the letter is stitched into felt and burnt out with a soldering iron. I had to buy my very own - for some reason the boys were aghast when they watched what I did with the one I borrowed from them...it seems that the more conventional use is much less effective when the tip is caked with melted acrylic felt! (Where is their sense of adventure, I want to know?!) I'm thinking this is leading to a covered notebook with my own initial on. I make heaps of notebooks and journals and sell them all (many go to Fairway Studios in Goondiwindi) - I really must keep one for myself!

No comments: