Thursday, June 11, 2009

Showing you the last page first...

The artists book is coming along...all the pages are in various stages of construction, but this one is as good as finished...it's also the last page of the book, so, you're getting the whole experience in reverse! (I like to think the sentiment and idea behind this page is self evident...)

The "Hope" circle is from an old foil wine bottle lid that has been hiding in the bottom of one of my drawers of goodies for years...I don't always keep such things, but that day, years ago, it whispered to me - and now it has found it's perfect home!




A piece of silk paper (a la Dale Rollerson) is the base for the hand and machine stitching, and photocopy transfer of a butterfly (My Mum Carmel told me there should be a butterfly! and I always do what my Mum tells me! At least that's what I tell my boys all the time!).

This is, I think, my favourite of all the pages...as I finish the rest, I'll post them too, and you can tell me which you like the best.

4 comments:

Peta said...

Absolutely beautiful Tracey!!! However I'll reserve my opinion for favourite page, as I would like to view, (actually I want to touch and caress!)all the pages to be able to make this decision....... with love, Peta

Tracey Hewitt said...

Thanks Peta!...The touching and caressing is to be recommended!! There's nothing that beats meeting any artwork 'in person', is there?

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey, Tides of uncertainty would be my favourite - I love the purple cirles, I want to touch the velvet on my computer screen. They are all beautiful - well done. Olley.

Tracey Hewitt said...

It's great to hear which one you like best Olley...thanks! I'm pretty partial to the allure of the velvet, myself!