Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sharing a work in progress


I thought it might be fun to document a 'work in progress'...what you see in this photo is a piece of Romeo (a cold water soluble film) upon which has been stitched a grid of straight and zig zag stitches, with some free machined circles being worked onto it. That little steel gadget in the top corner is the darning foot for my Bernina sewing machine...he's an especially good friend of mine! The darning foot that is; Bertha the Bernina is most definitely a she... My plan here is for a belt, or waist tie - which I've not done before...so I'm making it up as I go along. As you do...or as I do, anyway! As I'm stitching I'm starting to wonder whether this will be firm enough, or whether I'll need to add much more by way of fabric or loads more stitching. Many questions and uncertainties...not many answers...but that's how this whole adventure goes! I'll know when I know...and then I'll let you know!

In the meantime...I've just realised this piece is exactly the same colour as my page for Peta's book in our Altered Artists Book Collaboration . I posted pictures of it on that blog (click the link to go straight there!) I wonder what a fixation with the colour aqua reveals about my inner most self?

No comments: