Thursday, July 29, 2010

A New, Fresh Look



I'm pretty excited today! For a little while now, I've been communicating with Rachelle Sartini Garner from Owl and Bear on Etsy, and she has been toiling away, coming up with a fresh, new look for my marketing materials...How do you like my new Blog header; and what about this neat logo she's designed? I especially love this - I sent Rachelle some images of my work, and she picked up this pattern from the machine embroidery I had done on one of the surfaces.

The blog header, and my Etsy graphics all feature this detail of Cherish, which is, as you may know from my earlier posts on it, the piece of work of which I am most proud so far. Rachelle didn't know this when she chose it, but it seems like the perfect piece to be using.

So, it's just a quick post for today - to encourage you to have a dig around on the Etsy site - there are some wonderful artists lurking there, just waiting to make your dreams come true - whatever they may be! I truly cannot say enough lovely things about Rachelle - I was possibly not the easiest to please - I kept asking to tweak this, and change that, but she remained ever bright and eager to please - and please she did!!

I now have some work ahead of me getting my Etsy shop stocked up again and 'hanging' all my new graphics...sure beats getting stuff ready for the accountant at tax time, which is what I have been doing!

8 comments:

Valerie Jones said...

Congratulations, Tracey! I like the new logo and design a lot. It's very crisp and refreshing.

Tracey Hewitt said...

Thanks Valerie! The whole thing has really been a lot of fun.

Gail said...

Love the new look Tracey!!! The logo is really cool!!!!
Did you get my email about the Genesis. I know tax time is a pain, I there myself, well I will be when I finish this comment. lol
You go girl Cheers!!!

Gail said...

Maybe I should read before I enter. That's 'I'm there' Hehehe

Lynn A. Fraley said...

Such a bright and breezy new look! I really want to reach in to the blog header to feel that texture. Good job!

Tracey Hewitt said...

Thanks Lynn & Gail!

Hope you are making headway with all that book keeping stuff Gail...no fun there at all, is there? And, thanks for that email, I have answered you now - sorry I took a couple of days to get back to that!

merci33 said...

Love the 'new you' blog look...the texture is gorgeous...
a big move changing a look and yours came out swimmingly.

Tracey Hewitt said...

Iona...thank you so much. I am very happy, and strangely revitalised by the new 'look' - I feel really keen to get busy creating new work to go with it!