Sunday, May 29, 2011

Whisper for Sarah



The time has come for the next whisper to be completed and sent on. This one will join it's brothers and sisters and make it's way home to Sarah Larsen (Sarah is the generous artist who visited Theodore and offered us the Art and Soul workshop earlier in the year).


We're now 3 artists removed from the original artist and their original theme, and I suspect, in the spirit of the childhood game "Chinese Whispers", that our collaboration is based on...we're getting a little off track - at leat I have a strong feeling I am!

Sarah's pages are an unusual shape - which you can't see here, because I can only show you a tiny hint...There's gesso, acrylic paint, tissue paper, stamped images, gold and black pen and charcoal used in this one. This rubber stamp of kids swinging in a tree is one of my favourites...and there are a lot of stamps in that stamp drawer in the studio! It reminds me of a late afternoon swing as the sun sinks low in the sky...I get a peaceful feeling just looking at it. That, however, is no clue as to the theme.


And I guess this isn't either.
This is the desk next to the piece as I finished up a minute ago. You can see a little bit of it in the bottom left hand corner. Does that help you?

I have to confess that I can't say what this theme is in a word or two - this one has more of a general feel about it. I hope I'm not too far off the mark... I'd love to hear your guesses as to the theme...






No comments: